Role: Tax Manager
Quinton Davies is working on behalf of a well-established independent practice firm based in South Wales who are looking for an experienced Tax Manager to join their successful team.
The role will be a mix of both compliance and advisory work but as time goes on you’ll be able to get involved in more technically challenging and exciting project work.
Experience / Qualifications Required:
- Independent management of a small portfolio of key clients with complex tax returns, liaison with clients and HMRC as may be required – from fee quotation to billing the work, and proactively offering planning ideas and solutions, written and verbal, holding client meetings
- Willingness to assist the department generally with personal tax returns, capital gains computations and complex tax queries arising, particularly leading up to the January 31 deadline Assistance with ad hoc tax planning projects for clients and referrers, report writing and illustrative tax calculations
- Project management of transactional matters – hosting and chairing meetings, liaison with solicitors, financial advisers, other accountants and professionals, timetabling, tax related review and input into tax aspects of legal documents, arranging filing/claims/elections to implement projects
- Assistance with writing of articles for social media, local press, professional group, for marketing purposes
- Ad hoc assistance with seminar/webinar presentations, preparation of PowerPoint slides and promotional material
- Ad hoc attendance out of hours of networking events, breakfasts, dinners, business clubs, professional committee meetings
Thanks for considering an application. We do receive a high volume of applicants and as such we aren't unfortunately always able to respond to unsuccessful applicants. As such, if we haven't responded to your application on this occasion then your application has not been successful
Quinton Davies will not discriminate on unlawful grounds. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
- ATT / ACCA / CTA qualified
- Proven experience within practice dealing with a wide range of tax
- Effective use of IT including up to date Microsoft packages, Xero and / or Quickbooks
- Able to organise and manage time efficiently and effectively
£45,000 - 50,000