Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Location: Plymouth (Hybrid working options available)
Quinton Davies is working on behalf of a large regional practice firm based in the South West who are looking for a Corporate Manager to join the Plymouth team.
This exciting new position has been created through genuine growth in the region. The Partner responsible for leading this specialism is looking for an aspiring Senior or established Senior to come in and help drive the business development side of things forward alongside them.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant who prefers client engagement/advisory work and wants to develop that aspect of their experience over the more technical, spreadsheet focused side of things.
The role will only entail approximately 20% Audit work with the rest being made up by the other facets listed below.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Networking with the business communities (legal and banking) in which the firms offices and clients are based
- Building and maintaining client relationships
- Completion of Tenders
- Responsible for effective planning, delivery and overall management of audit engagements for a portfolio of the firm’s clients under the direction of the Corporate Partner
- Monitoring performance of audit delivery against agreed KPIs and reporting on this, including the provision of potential solutions to issues
- Managing the preparation of financial statements
- Understanding technical matters and presenting them in a logical and practical way to both internal and external parties
- Managing and developing junior members of the team
- Carrying out technical research and providing advice for clients and for other members of the firm
- Work on clients across the region, as and when required
- Outgoing and socially confident
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently
- Evaluative, professional and team orientated in approach
- ACA or ACCA qualified with a good level of post qualification experience
- Experience of leading, coaching and supervising junior members of staff
- Good level of knowledge of UK Financial Reporting Standards and International Auditing Standards
- Experience of Caseware software would be an advantage
Quinton Davies will not discriminate on unlawful grounds. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.