Role: Accounts Technician (Hybrid / Flexible Working)Salary: £22,000 - £28,000Location: TorbayOverview:Quinton Davies is working on behalf of a well-established accountancy practice who has multiple offices across the Southwest. My client is seeking an Accounts Technician to join their friendly and collaborative team in Torbay.Main Duties:
Experience / Qualifications Required:
- Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders up to the audit threshold
- Preparation of personal and corporate tax computations and returns
- Providing bookkeeping and management accounting services
- Filing Companies House and HM Revenue & Customs documents on client’s behalf
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements
- General admin duties to provide support to Partner, managers and the office
What’s on offer:
- Experience of working in a practice-based environment.
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience.
- Previous experience in accounts preparation for limited companies and unincorporated businesses.
- Good working knowledge of general IT Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Social Media programmes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to present information effectively and concisely in emails and documents
- Good general education, including English and Maths at GCSE Grade C or equivalent
- 36.25 hours / 5 days per week
Thanks for considering an application. We do receive a high volume of applicants and as such we aren't unfortunately always able to respond to unsuccessful applicants. As such, if we haven't responded to your application on this occasion then your application has not been successful Quinton Davies will not discriminate on unlawful grounds. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays after 5 years’ service
- Death in service 3 x annual salary
- Buy and sell holiday
- Introducing clients and staff commission schemes
- Pension 3% rising to 4% after 4 years’ service
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Location: Devon
- Salary: 22,000 - 28,000
- Posted: Feb 14, 2022