Salary: £20,000 - £26,000
Quinton Davies is working on behalf of a large regional accountancy practice who are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to join their friendly team in Plymouth.
Duties & Main Responsibilities:
- Processing sales invoices, receipts and payments
- Preparation of client VAT returns
- Maintaining the relevant software used for each client to ensure that the software is accurate and all transactions have been posted correctly, therefore defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Reconciling bank accounts for clients
- Reconciling control accounts
- Reviewing VAT returns prepared by junior staff and providing feedback to help with future processing.
- Training clients on bookkeeping software’s such as Xero, Sage One, Sage 50 and Quickbooks online.
Experience, Attributes and Qualifications required:
- Able to work with a variety of different client businesses
- Previous bookkeeping experience
- Confident in sales and purchase ledger
- Knowledge of the bank reconciliation process on different software’s
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas – such as sole trader, partnerships and limited companies
- Working knowledge of Xero, Sage One, Freeagent, Sage 50 and Quickbooks online
Please contact Alex Turner on 01173636063 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding this opportunity.
Quinton Davies will not discriminate on unlawful grounds. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.